Sixty ladies competed in the Sinton Cup qualifier stroke competition at Co Armagh Golf Club on 9 July 2020.
The ladies with the two best gross and nett scores qualify for the match-play competition. The Competition Standard Scratch was 73 and whilst most ladies found the conditions difficult, that was not the case for the winners:
- 1st Nett Grace Hart 66
- 2nd Nett Rita Mone 71
- 1st Gross Paula McCrory 82
- 2nd Gross Alexandra Mawhinney 84
The remaining prize winners were:
- Cat A – Siobhan Donnelly nett 74 beating Julie McCarten on countback
- Cat B – Gillian Poole nett 75 beating Gail Steed on countback
- Cat C – Karen Edgar nett 77 beating Lynne Brown on countback
- Cat D – Sylvia Ashe nett 73
- Back 9 – Mary Black nett 38
- Front 9 – Jill McKenna nett 33 beating Anne Atwell, Lynne Brown, Julie McCarten and Emma Garrigan on countback
Whilst there were no twos, birdies were recorded by Moya Brady at the 1st, Colette McSorley at the 5th and by Hilary Johnston at the 6th and 8th.
Ten ladies competed in the 9-hole competition which was won by Theresa Campbell with 22 pts. Anne Murphy was second with 19 pts.
Lynne Brown won the weekly Time For Nine with 20 pts beating Carina Oliver into second place, also with 20 pts.
There were handicap cuts for Anne O’Reilly 24-23, Theresa Campbell 48-46, Anne Murphy 38-37, Sylvia Ashe 28-27.1, Grace Hart 33-29.3, Paula McCrory 9-8.3 and Rita Mone 18-16.9